Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Where applicable, you have linked your citations (like a blog post) instead of using parenthetical notation (like an academic paper)
If your submission lives elsewhere on the Web, you have included a short summary and a link in the Abstract
- Explores contemporary social issues and research
Comments on news and blogs
- Include a minimum of one reference to an open source academic resource
- Include a hyperlink to the critiqued material
- Be a minimum of 150 words
- Author must not engage in uncivil, inflammatory exchange with other commenters
- Please include a link to your comment in the abstract field, you do not need to upload a file
Essays and research papers
Scholarly work on any topic, prefaced with a short commentary (500 words) on its public value
- Short fiction and poetry
- Photo essays that explore contemporary social issues
- Fine art photography
- Paintings and multimedia art
- No word or page limits
- If submitting a URL please submit it in the the abstract field, you can skip the step of uploading a file
- Must be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, submit a link (unlisted is OK) — video files will not be accepted
- Include license information about any audio or imagery used
- Please include URL to your video in the abstract field, YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPLOAD THE FILE (skip this step)
- Review of academic texts (2500 word maximum)
- Scholarly analysis of pop-culture and literary works (2500 word maximum)
- Include paragraph summary. Transcripts are accepted and encouraged.
- Include details about hosts and interviewees
- Include license information about any audio used
- You can put the link in the abstract field, no need to upload a file
- Can submit individual tweet threads, or a whole account if it is dedicated to scholarly communication
- Author must not engage in uncivil, inflammatory exchange with other Twitter users
- Please include a link in the abstract field, you do not need to upload a file
If you have created something that falls outside of the above categories but think it satisfies the Aims & Scope of our journal, please submit or email for further inquiry.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.